Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #12 - Guest Designer Post

Hi there, everyone! I'm stopping by today to share a recent creation of mine made for the current challenge over at Tic-Tac-Toe. For today's card, I chose to play with the first line in the table which is Doily, Layers & Dimensions, and Bird/Bees, Butterflies. And now, without further ado, let's get right to the card:

I've decided to make a cute little scene with some bright summer colors. The adorable Coffee Friends are a freebie from Craftin Desert Divas which I colored with Copic markers and fussy-cut so that I could place them in the middle of the summer scene. 
The background was made in 3 stages:
1. I die cut one of Marianne Designs papers and a leftover from received paper from Mavelu store with Blueprints #20 by My Favourite Things.
2. Placed them on a piece of paper colored with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.
3. Then I die cut French Pastry Doily by Cherry Lynn Designs, colored its center with distress inks and placed it on top of the design papers.
Once the main scene was complete, I stamped a sentiment using Harold's ABCs by Lawn Fawn, white heat embossed it and foam mounted it on my card to add some dimension. I placed a butterfly from Mama Elephant's stamp set on top of the second part of the sentiment and added a couple of enamel dots to finish off my card.

I guess this is it for today:) Hope you all have enjoyed this inspiration for the current challenge at Tic-Tac-Toe and got inspired to join our challenge! I would also like to thank Ka for having me as a guest for this challenge and I'll be looking forward to having a chance to create something else for one of your next challenges.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
DigiDesigns Challenge Blog: Summer Challenge
Artistic Inspirations: #159 Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges: #134 Summer Colours
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog: #80 Anything Goes
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes
Simon Monday Challenge Blog: Use Patterned Papers 
The Paper Girls Challenge Blog: #106 Use Your Scraps
The Diva's that cut ... paper: Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts: June Challenge - Summer

10 comments:

  1. Super cute images and a wonderfully designed card! Love the doily background! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, so cute.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card makes me smile....loving this cute image. Such a sweet project .Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
    Neva DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Love that doily. Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cuts Diva's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I love the use of patterned paper in the background and the cuter than ever little coffee friends. Wonderful job! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute card. Love the doily background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to say Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww so sweet! A really pretty summery card!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Dis Digis!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute!! Thanks for joining us at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT
    http://anncard.blogspot.tw

    ReplyDelete