Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Ink Smooshing

Hi there everyone! I'm so happy you've stopped by today, as I have a lovely card to share with you. Inspired by the current challenge at My-Scrap.Ru blog I've decided to give it a try to a new (at least for me) yet amazing technique - ink smooshing.

First I smooshed the center of the panel with blue Salty Ocean distress ink, then added Squeezed Lemonade and Picked Raspberry on its right and left side respectively. I love the result, it literally takes your breath away. To finish my card I added a violet panel to the background and added some gold sequins. And now let's get right to it:

Although being a little bit messy, ink smooshing is a fun technique to try and I hope there will be more opportunities to use it in my cards.

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges: 
Addicted to Stamps: #146 Anything Goes + DT Call
City Crafter Challenge Blog: #263 Sequins
Crafty Creations Challenges: #290 Creatures Great and Small
Addicted to CAS: #64 Animal
Simon Says Stamp: Work It Wednesday May 2015
Aud Sentiments: #132 Cute plus A Sentiment
Cute Card Thursday: #375 Too Cute!
The Friday Mashup: #211 Watercolor Fun


8 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card and I love the vibrancy of your ink smooshing. Thanks for sharing at ATSM and Less is More this week. At Less is More we prefer to see some white space on our entries and we have a maximum limit of 5 challenges so unfortunately, this won't qualify.
    Please do come back and share your creations with us again.
    Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN smooshing and great colors! Thanks for playing with us at ATSM and good luck with the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dianchik, what a bright and happy card! The colours are wonderfully vibrant. Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Friday Mashup challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright, happy and spot on our theme. Your elephant is adorable; he made me smile:). Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is super cute and great smooshing. Love that little elephant, however as Anita says we have a limit of 5 challenges at Less is More therefore we are unable to accept your card there this week however thanks for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique, love the bright colours and your cute little elephant. Fab creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this fortnight and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely. Great design! Thanks for joining us over at AUD sentiments.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete