Hi there everyone! I'm back today to share with you a card that lots of people want to know how to make. You are definitely right, it's a magic slider card, a card that will fascinate any child that receives one from you. And right now we'll try to pull back the shroud of secrecy on how to make such a breathtaking card:
To tell you the truth, the magic slider card is a very easy thing to make. You can find lots of video tutorials and written instructions on the Internet nowadays, but I would like to share with you the one that I came across a couple of weeks ago and loved how clearly everything was explained there. So let's start with the link to this tutorial (although it's in Russian, the pictures will give you a clear idea of how the whole trick looks like): http://sovushkaslavia.blogspot.si/2016/11/blog-post.html. So the main secret is to use two layers - stamp the same image on the acetate and on the cardstock and color it.
And now let's try to put the whole process into step-by-step instructions:
1. Stamp your chosen image once on the acetate and once onto the white cardstock/watercolor paper. Color in the image on the paper as you wish.
2. Put aside both images for a short time to dry.
3. Once the image on the acetate is dry, place it over the colored one so that it lines up precisely. Hold it in place with a washi tape, and trim the acetate to fit the card. Do this carefully so that the acetate doesn't move off the colored image.
4. When this part is done, apply Salty Ocean Distress Ink onto the frame and the background of the white cardstock and spritz some water on them.
5. It's now time to start to put the whole card together. Glue the colored image on the card base and the acetate on the frame. This should be done very carefully so that both images go perfectly together. Once this is done, glue the frame on the card base leaving one side unglued/open for a piece of white paper to separate both images and work magic.
And now let's show everything in motion:)
You can see that the image is plain:
But when you slide it, it becomes colored:
Magic? Definitely yes;)
I hope you liked my little inspiration. Thanks for stopping by and see you next time!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Dream Valley Challenges: #145 Winter Animals
Addicted to Stamps and More: #221 Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: #329 Christmas
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog: #169 AG + A Sentiment
Scrapping4funChallenges: #79 Christmas
Moving Along With The Times: #34 AG with Christmas
Creative Corner Challenges: Winter
Come and Get It Challenges: Baby It's Cold Outside
Hiding in My Craft Room: #277 Any Holiday
Glitter 'N' Sparkle Challenge Blog: #216 Blue and White
Zelo, zelo simpatično. Pa kako natančno si vse poravnala, da se spodnja in zgornja slikica čisto ujemata.ReplyDelete
Fabulous .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥ReplyDelete
My Blog As I do Rodos
Zelo luštkana in zanimiva voščilnica. Vse pohvale za natančno izdelavo...te vrste voščilnice se zelo redko vidi na izzivih. Hvala, da se igraš z nami na Dream Valley izzivu. Lp NevaReplyDelete
Awesome slide card.ReplyDelete
Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see next time.
This is just adorable and thank you for sharing the magic with us!ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
O wow, this is so pretty and surprising. Great!!ReplyDelete
Lia, DT S4F
Wow! Really clever and beautiful. Thanks for joining us at ATSM. All the very best. Nandini DTReplyDelete
Never seen one of these before but it's just brilliant! Thank you so much for the explaination of how to make a magic card...think I may have to give this a go! Oh, and I loved your little mousie card too! thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT, JxReplyDelete
ooo kako super ideja :-)) Krasen motiv si izbrala.ReplyDelete
Hvala, ker se igraš z nami pri Scrapping4funChallenges.
Awesome slider card..love it so much...Image is adorable..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges.ReplyDelete
beautiful work, great digi and colors.
Thank you for taking part in the challenge on Scrapping4funChallenges
Cute, fun and creative!! I haven't tried this technique yet, but I love it. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4funReplyDelete
Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun :)ReplyDelete