Hi there everyone! I'm back today to share with you a card that lots of people want to know how to make. You are definitely right, it's a magic slider card, a card that will fascinate any child that receives one from you. And right now we'll try to pull back the shroud of secrecy on how to make such a breathtaking card:
To tell you the truth, the magic slider card is a very easy thing to make. You can find lots of video tutorials and written instructions on the Internet nowadays, but I would like to share with you the one that I came across a couple of weeks ago and loved how clearly everything was explained there. So let's start with the link to this tutorial (although it's in Russian, the pictures will give you a clear idea of how the whole trick looks like): http://sovushkaslavia.blogspot.si/2016/11/blog-post.html. So the main secret is to use two layers - stamp the same image on the acetate and on the cardstock and color it.
And now let's try to put the whole process into step-by-step instructions:
1. Stamp your chosen image once on the acetate and once onto the white cardstock/watercolor paper. Color in the image on the paper as you wish.
2. Put aside both images for a short time to dry.
3. Once the image on the acetate is dry, place it over the colored one so that it lines up precisely. Hold it in place with a washi tape, and trim the acetate to fit the card. Do this carefully so that the acetate doesn't move off the colored image.
4. When this part is done, apply Salty Ocean Distress Ink onto the frame and the background of the white cardstock and spritz some water on them.
5. It's now time to start to put the whole card together. Glue the colored image on the card base and the acetate on the frame. This should be done very carefully so that both images go perfectly together. Once this is done, glue the frame on the card base leaving one side unglued/open for a piece of white paper to separate both images and work magic.
And now let's show everything in motion:)
You can see that the image is plain:
But when you slide it, it becomes colored:
Magic? Definitely yes;)
I hope you liked my little inspiration. Thanks for stopping by and see you next time!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Dream Valley Challenges: #145 Winter Animals
Addicted to Stamps and More: #221 Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: #329 Christmas
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog: #169 AG + A Sentiment
Scrapping4funChallenges: #79 Christmas
Moving Along With The Times: #34 AG with Christmas
Creative Corner Challenges: Winter
Come and Get It Challenges: Baby It's Cold Outside
Hiding in My Craft Room: #277 Any Holiday
Glitter 'N' Sparkle Challenge Blog: #216 Blue and White